- Organic Ancient Grain with a Sweet and Nutty Flavor
- Good Source of Protein and Fiber
- Produced in a Dedicated Gluten- Free, Allergy-Friendly Facility
- Always Made Without: Dairy • Wheat • Soy • Nuts • Eggs
- Non GMO Project Verified
- USDA Organic
- Certified Gluten-Free
There are grains, and then there's Amaranth. Along with buckwheat and quinoa, Amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber.
Living Now™ Organic Amaranth is perfect for making gluten-free pasta, but should be combined with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's popular addition to many vegetarian recipes.
Living Now is more than just a brand of great-tasting gluten-free foods - it's a way of life for anyone with food sensitivities. This premium line was developed to provide wholesome, healthy foods bursting with flavor and made without gluten and major common allergens including wheat, nuts, soy, dairy, eggs, and shellfish. Living Now is produced in a dedicated, allergy-friendly facility, colors or preservatives. With Living Now eating is safe, fun and satisfying again!Directions
Basic Cooking Instructions:
1 cup of Living Now Organic Amaranth
2 1/2 cups of water
1. Combine Amaranth and water into a pot.
2. Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
3. Reduce heat to low and allow Amaranth to simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
**Tip: if you would like to turn this mixture into an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes.Free Of Dairy, wheat, soy, nuts eggs, peanuts, gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.